9 HTSD students to be inducted into National Technical Honor Society
A.W. Beattie Career Center will induct 63 students into the National Technical Honor Society (NTHS) on Monday, March 7.
HTSD congratulates the nine students from Hampton High School who will be inducted into NTHS:
- Abigail Boyd, Early Childhood Education
- Tori Easley, Health and Nursing Sciences
- Josh Krills, Carpentry/Building Construction
- Andrew Mascilli, Health and Nursing Sciences
- Madison McCabe, Cosmetology
- Kaitlyn McCellan, Dental Careers
- Rachel Miller, Early Childhood Education
- Brittney Towers, Health and Nursing Sciences
- Jordan Werner, Surgical Sciences
To be considered for the honor, students must maintain a grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale, have a grade of at least 93 percent in their career training programs and miss no more than five days of school. Candidates also must have a clear disciplinary record and belong to a service organization or participate in an extracurricular activity.
“We have 800 students, and we have 63 on that list to be inducted and they represent the best of their class,” Student Ethics Coordinator and NTHS advisor Scott Scariot said. “I’m proud of them for how hard they work and how they’ve met difficult standards to be nominated by their teacher for induction into NTHS.”
The induction ceremony begins at 6 p.m. at A.W. Beattie.