Free breakfast offered for all Hampton students
Beginning on Monday, Oct. 3, 2022, and through the end of the 2022-2023 school hear, the Hampton Township School District will provide a free breakfast to all students during the breakfast serving times indicated below:
- Central Elementary, 8:15 to 8:45 a.m.
- Poff Elementary, 8:10 to 8:45 a.m.
- Wyland Elementary, 8:15 to 8:45 a.m.
- Middle School, 7:25 to 7:50 a.m.
- High School, 7:55 to 8:25 a.m.
The USDA and Pennsylvania Department of Education have issued the following rules regarding the free breakfast program:
- This change only applies to the School Breakfast Program in the 2022-2023 School Year and does not affect a student’s eligibility status for lunch (free, reduced, and paid, respectively).
- Breakfast must be served to students on site during outlined service times. Unfortunately parents are no longer permitted to pick-up meals for students.
- Students are permitted one free breakfast per school day. Breakfast will not be provided to students on non-instruction days.
- The free breakfast must follow the requirements of the National School Lunch program. Students must take 3 of the 4 offered components to be considered a full meal. (Grain, Protein, Fruit or 100% fruit juice and Milk).
Governor Tom Wolf announced his $21.5 million plan to provide universal free school breakfast for 1.7 million students across the commonwealth this school year.